• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC Library "freezes" in illustrator 2021 on macOS Big Sur

Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My CC librarys often freezes, when it does i cant change to any other library or chose anything in the open library. Only thing that seems to work is to close the document and open it again several times, and in some instances close the whole program.

Tried to uninstall illustrator and make a fresh install, did not solve the problem.

Running illustrator 25.0.1 on mac os Big Sur

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Bug , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about this trouble. I understand that it's frustrating. I would request if you could share a few more details like:

• Is the issue related to a specific document? If yes, could you please share the document with us? You can upload it to the Creative Cloud (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html) and share the download link. 
  • When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates or web extensions installed recently. 

You may try the steps suggested on this page ( https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behaviors-in-illu...and share your observations with us.

We’re here to help, just need more info.    

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Is the issue related to a specific document? If yes, could you please share the document with us? You can upload it to the Creative Cloud (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html) and share the download link. 
  • Reply: Not related to a specifik document, same with new or old documents
  •  
  • When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates or web extensions installed recently. 
  • Reply: Started when i updated to the current illustrator 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried all the suggested fixes and had a call with a supprt representative which completely broke Illustrator due to some of the support files he removed so I had to completely remove it and reinstall.

No, its been a consistent problem with all files.

Its like an issue connecting to the libraries.

It works preferctly in all other CC applications and was fine in Illustrator 2020.

The 25.1 update seems to have partly fixed it but it still recurs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue, with no resolution yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens to me when I open a document from the launch screen. I have to restart the program to fix this. I am sure it happens other times, but that is one time where it always happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue, I can resolve it temporarily by signing out of creative cloud app. This is really annoying. All other CC apps are fine, it is only illustrator. I have removed it and reinstalled without luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this exact issue from the beginning with the 2021 update. I uninstalled 2021 and reinstalled deleting all my old preferences and support files and it's still still doing it. 2020 worked perfectlly. 

The library window literally behaves differently every time i use it. Sometimes it's fine, others it completely freezes, other times it looks like it's totallly zoomed in on a section of the window. Just bizarre. Totally gave up on using my CC library unfortunately.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worth noting this was happening even before I updated to Big Sur. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I was getting the issue after upgrade to 2021, only Illustrator has this issue, all other applications have no problem accessing Libraries. 

I am having to create colour palettes in InDesign then try opening in Illustrator as it works so infrequently

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Sorry about the trouble this issue has caused. We've fixed this in the latest release. Please update Illustrator to v25.2.3  to get this fixed. Here's a link with more details: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/41759983-cc-lib...

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did fix it. I have v25.2.3 and it's still happening to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, meant to say did NOT fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still happening on lastest update, rolled back to previous which fixed it for a day or so, and it's started again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still happening, July 30 2021. This actually just started happening to me when I updated to the most recent version, LOL the one you said fixes this problem. Was never a problem for me before! Very aggravating and makes Illustrator utterly worthless for my uses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe when another 8 months goes by Adobe will release another "fix" that doesn't work? I'm out of patience here. Please fix this product that you guys charge me thousands of dollars to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue and it SUCKS.

Here is a temp—and a bit tedious—workaround. 

1) Click what you want from the CC Library in Illustrator

2) Click back out of the library by clicking any other icon in the windows panel. Or the CC Library icon itself.

3) Click back into the CC Library and you should be where you wanted to go.

4) Reapeat that everytime you click on anything. It sucks but it works and it beats shutting down and re-launching Ai.

Adobe where you at!!!? Fix this please. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dosn't work for me, even closing library and reopening doesn't work. Quitting Illustrator sometimes works for a bit 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have v25.4.1 and it's still happening to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No change here, still the same problem... 

i have made just one library now, so dosnt need to change librarys  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines