• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Center of object not visible

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Center crosshair is not visible on objects anymore when using wireframe view. This has not been corrected on the last few updates.

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Watch these two checkboxes in the object options panel… Left no center point/ right center point

In the following example the second pic is with center point

Capture d’écran 2021-04-19 à 17.06.19.png

And with wireframes it depends which selection tool you are using.…

2021-04-19_17-14-17.png

2021-04-19_17-14-05.png

  

   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the response. I am aware of the Attributes / show center option. Even with this turned on, it is still not visible in wireframe view. Previously you could have had an object un-selected & still see the center in wireframe. I've been using Illustrator for 20+ years and this has never happened. I used that center point as a visual to quickly lock another object to. I work in a highly cosmetic/precise industry and that not being visible kinda slows me down. You can still barely see it when zoomed way out but, that's not very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it might be a bug because these crosshair centers are visible (if checked object options)

They are not very obvious but they are here for sure

2021-04-19_17-52-43.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you got it. They are too small to be of any use for me. And when you zoom in they disappear. Reading other comments, it seems like the GPU/CPU causes it. Just don't understand why they don't fix it. I was reading comments from 2013. Ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be related to a Retina or 4 K screen Illustrator incompatibilty …

You should report it as a bug, because it is probably not a big deal for the devs to correct…

😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done.

Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like turning off GPU preview (to switch: Cmd or Ctrl E) shows the center point.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/outline-mode-in-2021-center-point-no-longer-showing/m-p/1...

To make the engineers aware mention it here:

https://illustrator.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, I know, but people were complaining about Illustrator dragging when you do that. I tried it briefly & it does a little. Also takes away some of the new flashy zoom stuff, which I kinda like. It doesn't seem like it would be a hard fix but, what do I know. You would think after 8 years they would've figured it out. I filed my complaint to them & waiting for a response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines