Highlighted

Certain CC Library assets don't update

Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

The CC Library hosts a lot of imagery, 90% of it simple, flat icons created in AI. Typically, after I update an asset in the library, it updates in my working files after closing and reopening. Lately, a lot more assets are not updating. Clicking the Update Link button in the Links pannel does nothing. Closing and reopening both the working file and AI does nothing, either.

When I open the asset through the Library (or option-double-click), my changes are there, but they don't show in the working file. (I use some Libary assets inside of other Library assets, too. In those cases, drilling down to the "original" asset shows it's updated, but it doesn't update in the container asset, or in my working file.

Is there a way to force AI to update all linked assets? Thanks!

Adam

TOPICS
Bug, Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Certain CC Library assets don't update

Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

The CC Library hosts a lot of imagery, 90% of it simple, flat icons created in AI. Typically, after I update an asset in the library, it updates in my working files after closing and reopening. Lately, a lot more assets are not updating. Clicking the Update Link button in the Links pannel does nothing. Closing and reopening both the working file and AI does nothing, either.

When I open the asset through the Library (or option-double-click), my changes are there, but they don't show in the working file. (I use some Libary assets inside of other Library assets, too. In those cases, drilling down to the "original" asset shows it's updated, but it doesn't update in the container asset, or in my working file.

Is there a way to force AI to update all linked assets? Thanks!

Adam

TOPICS
Bug, Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 05, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Indeed, I'm following all the guidelines. I checked there first.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 06, 2020 0
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you might need to update Illkustrator.

But also there is a help link:

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/illustrator/using/creative-cloud-libraries-sync-share-assets.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I've been keeping AI updated within a few days of every release during the time this has been an issue. Just checked, and I'm currently up to date.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 06, 2020 0
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Tom. I just reposted there. 🙏🏼

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 06, 2020 0