• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CHANGE ONE PARTICULAR ARTBOARD BACKGROUND COLOR AND SIZE

Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i can't seem to change the background of my artboard. how do i change one particular artboard's background color and size? i have three artboards in my file but i only want the other artboard to have other color and size. what do i do? thank you for your response.

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Artboards don't have a background color. What you see is a fill of none, displayed by Illustrator as white (paper white).

If you want a different color in the background, you need to create a layer at the bottom of the layers panel and create a rectangle on that layer filled with your desired color. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Artboards don't have a background color. What you see is a fill of none, displayed by Illustrator as white (paper white).

If you want a different color in the background, you need to create a layer at the bottom of the layers panel and create a rectangle on that layer filled with your desired color. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh i see! i'm new to illustrator so its kinda confusing. thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear that helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2023 Jan 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, Just got the answer to the background color question. Thanks! Now I'd like to change the stroke of an active artboard (when selected). Is it possible to change color and increase width of the stroke. It would be more comfortable when I have 10 artboards to view and jump from 1 to another

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are shortcuts to jump to the next artboard (edit them in the Edit > Keyboard shortcuts)

Or you could use the menu in the bottom left of the document window.

Or keep Window > Arboards open

The highlight of the artboard cannot be changed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot for your prompt answer! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines