• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change "Some files are missing or modified" to a passive notice not an alert that interrupts

Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This alert is the bane of my life! I'm happy for AI to notice that I've changed something, but maybe I don't want to update it yet... Every time the environment loses focus or gains focus this pops up and not only stops what I'm doing, but also prevents what I was doing if I'm shifting focus from one window to another to copy and paste a color code for example.

Please make this a passive notice that is visible but doesn't interrupt work.

2020-07-06 17_47_37-superbia2020.ai_ @ 100% (CMYK_GPU Preview) Saving....png

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Screenshot 2020-07-06 at 23.26.55.png

and keep an eye on the warnings in the Links panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you change your Preferences > File Handling & Clipboard > Update Links ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no option for it to ask passively

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2020-07-06 at 23.26.55.png

and keep an eye on the warnings in the Links panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok this is good enough. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This no long seems to be an option under file handing & clipboard. This Links warning is extremely annoying and I can't figure out how to get rid of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah this is no longer there in preferences.  Such annoying trash still in 2022.  I'm going back to CS4 and cancelling CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's still there in version 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seem to have worked for me. Click Yes on the Some files are missing...prompt. On the second prompt when it asks you if you want to do select update all. After that it will take you to your files select an image for it to link to. (It does not have to be the exact original image as long as it's an image it can link to) That should stop it from popping up. Then you can go into the program and get rid of that image you selected if you want. I hope this helps!

Disclaimer: It worked for me! Soo good luck problem solvers!

Prompt 1.png 

Prompt 2.png

  

  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feature request.  In "File Handling" allow us to turn this message off by default.  I am updating linked files 200-300 times a day.  I NEVER want it to not update.  I NEVER want to see this popup.  Saying no doesn't help in any way, so why have this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In Prefs, File Handling, changing Updated Links: to Automagically doesn't work for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post feature requests to https://illustrator.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines