• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change Size of Canvas

Participant ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I imported an SVG file into Illustrator that was originally done on a 2550 X 3300 canvas, with the intention of the final output being 8 1/2 x 11 at 300 dpi. When I bring it into Illustrator, it looks just fine, but the rulers make it look like it is now something like 36 inches by 46 inches. (Or something like that.)

How can I make sure the final output is 8 1/2 X 11 without making major changes?

(Almost everrything I do is for the web and video, so I am not used to print.)

Thanks!

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the document DPI setting. Apparently the document was opened with an assumed 72 DPI since it didn't have any DPI declarations inside.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

SVG files are vector files (Scalable Vector Graphics) and don't have a ppi or dpi setting.

What you see is correct an artboard of 2550 X 3300 px or pts is 35,4167 in X 45,8333 in

If you want to have it at 8 1/2 X 11 in print size, just scale it down 24% and put it on an artboard of  that size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines