• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change stroke weight default

New Here ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Illustrator for engraving.  I would like my default stroke weight to be .001 (inches).  I'd also like my fill and stroke to be set to empty fill and black .001 stroke always.  For every document.  The only way I can work with this appearance is to turn my workspace to outline instead of preview.  Any help?

Thanks

New art has basic appearance does not work for me

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Open a new document using whatever profile works best for you.

Create a path with the attributes you want.

Open the graphic styles panel. Drag the path you created to 'Default Graphic Style' while holding alt. This replaces the default graphic style.

Save the document to document profiles

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 25 Settings\en_GB\x64\New Document Profiles

(on Windows)

Use that profile when creating new documents. It will appear under the tab it was created from (i.e. Print/Web etc.)

Or:

Open up all the documents in the New Document Profiles folder. Replace the default graphic style in each of them, then resave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines