• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changes to functions of some Illustrator tools?

Participant ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, all. Either I missed the announcement or my particular install of Illustrator 25.0.1 is acting up in a way that trashing the prefs doesn't fix: the input-required tools (for lack of a better term), such as the Reflect tool and the black-arrow Selection tool are not behaving as expected. There may be others, as well, such as the Scale, Rectangle and Blend tools. All require some user input after selecting the drawn element to be affected, either choosing an orientation, a direction, and/or whether to copy the element. As I recall, in the past, the user-input fields that dropped down upon selecting the tool would reset to zero after use. Not any more. The last chosen degree, or quantity, or angle, stays in the field(s) and if the user chooses the tool again, the fields are already filled and automatically the new work area is changed according to those OLD choices, whether that's what I want or not. I have a reason for thinking this ia an engineered change in the tools' functions-but am I correct? Or is this just an Illustrator cockup that will go away if I trash enough prefs? Or is it, instead, something I overlooked in the preferences interface?

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

I don't see anything different compared to older versions.

The last used value is remembered until Illustrator is restarted.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

The input fields you reference have always been "sticky" in the way you describe. No change there. Is it possible you're thinking of something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see anything different compared to older versions.

The last used value is remembered until Illustrator is restarted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The input fields you reference have always been "sticky" in the way you describe. No change there. Is it possible you're thinking of something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are both absolutely right. I had failed to note the "preview" button near the bottom of the input window. I've never used it, but when, this morning,  I turned it off everything went back to normal. Duh. Maybe I should find another line of work. Thank you both for looking into the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines