Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing decimal places from four to three

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

a recent Illustrator update brought a change in the default decimal places. Now there are four instead of three. I'd like to change them to three again but found no option to do so. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Jessica, there is no setting to change the amount of visible decimals, but you can add your vote here:

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/39906568-illustrator-24-1-metric-precision-broken

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jessica,

Have you tried to update the update to the newest, see especially the first link by Ton here?

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/ai-quot-file-new-quot-interface-size-problem/m-p/11015291...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for your answers! i'm using a mac and illustrator version 24.2.1. i studied your links but i'm afraid i haven't described my issue properly: i would like to set the default settings of illustrator's decimal places to three digits instead of four (this would be quite more convenient for my work flow). is this possible or do i simply have to get used to the four digits?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jessica, there is no setting to change the amount of visible decimals, but you can add your vote here:

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/39906568-illustrator-24...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is still there, draw a horizontal line and the H in the Transform panel shows: 0,0001 px in 2019 it was: 0 px

You can vote on Uservoice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines