• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing default Black color

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The default black is just 100% K (or #231f20) in my CMYK documents (which is what I use). I want it to be 100% across the board, CMYK, or #000000. It's a huge color difference. Is there a way to change this as a default? I have the preferences saved to rich black, but that's not it. I'm mostly looking for a way to change the default black/white/no fill up in the color tab. I know I can create a new swatch library, but I'm trying to adjust the default to prevent having to reopen swatch libraries. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to check: will you be printing this 100% across the board swatch on an offset printer? That amount of ink could be problematic if so.

and: Hex codes shouldn't be used to define CMYK swatches.

But otherwise the answer to this and all your other topics are to edit the document profile you will be using.

If you are using the Print profile for instance, it is stored here on Windows:

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 25 Settings\en_GB\x64\New Document Profiles

(You may need to show hidden files and folders in Windows to view the AppData folder)

Open the file, edit the document swatches, default paragraph style etc. and save it in the same location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It may be better to work in RGB to get your darker black.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines