• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing line and fill styles in grouped objects

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I select a grouped object and change all the line and fill styles without having to spend time ungrouping, making the changes, and then regrouping. I've recently upgrade from CS5 and there I could just select the grouped objects and make the changes. Now with the extra steps it can get tiresome when I have a lot of grouped objects within complex drawings.

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could double click them to get into isolation mode and edit them. Or select them with the group selection tool. If that doesn not help, please be more precise and show screenshots of what exactly you want to edit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Monika, I have also used the isolation method you mentioned, and again is fine if it's changing the odd item. Pic attached of the sort of things I mean. I do a lot of interior architecture plans and I have standard doors, windows, furniture and other architectural details I add, and sometimes there's a hell of a lot of them to change colours or add textures to. Not sure if you ever used CS5 but it was a lot simpler to change grouped objects then. I guess when Adobe update the way things work they don't have a policy of keeping legacy working processes, even as hidden options, or at least I haven't found it yet. Wow that started to get a bit ranty there, sorry.

Screenshot 2020-11-12 at 13.56.43.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you detail step-by-step what you were doing in CS5 that you can't now?

Nothing particular in that area of the software has changed since then. It may be something specific to the document or objects you are working on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines