• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

changing text

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• how can I adjust text in illustrator that was created in indesign I am altering a few shaps of the letters.  Or can i do this in Indesign? 
TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

You can do that in both applications.

The common way is to convert the live type objects to path objects and then make the modifications with all kinds of tools that can modify path objects.

In Illustrator you can sometimes even do it while the type objects are still live (e.g. using one of the Warp effects), but in  your case that way would rather not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Illustrator are you using?

Which version of InDesign are you using?

Can you elaborate? Your request is a bit vague in my eyes. It is not clear what you are going to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using 2021 verson for both... So I am trying to recreate the amazon logo... i found the text they use.   In Indesign i needed to adjust the spacing now that i have done this I need to adjust a few letters for example the Z in the typeface does not have the arch... So I am not sure how to make this adjustment. My educated guess is in Illustrator I know how to adjust text that was created in illustrator but not if i created it in indesign.  

Does this help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can do that in both applications.

The common way is to convert the live type objects to path objects and then make the modifications with all kinds of tools that can modify path objects.

In Illustrator you can sometimes even do it while the type objects are still live (e.g. using one of the Warp effects), but in  your case that way would rather not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines