Highlighted

Changing the order number of artboard (Illustrator CC)

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I have 12 artboards set up--each copied from the previous artboard to give variations. In the process of it, I somehow ended up with two artboards both numbered "4," somehow skipping "3." When I'm exporting the files using "Use Artboards > All," everything else BUT the true artboard 3 gets exported. When I'm exporting it separately after indicating "Artboard 3," it's recognized and exports the right file. 

I tried cntrl+shift+o to reorder the artboard, but didn't change the actual numbering. Is there an extra step I need to take in order to change the numbering? Is there a custom way to renumber the artboard?

Please help! Thank you!

Screen Shot 2020-04-03 at 2.33.56 PM.png

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Myra_Ferguson | Adobe Community Professional

I found this thread about a similar issue. It looks like resetting the preferences fixed it for them.

Topics

How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Changing the order number of artboard (Illustrator CC)

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I have 12 artboards set up--each copied from the previous artboard to give variations. In the process of it, I somehow ended up with two artboards both numbered "4," somehow skipping "3." When I'm exporting the files using "Use Artboards > All," everything else BUT the true artboard 3 gets exported. When I'm exporting it separately after indicating "Artboard 3," it's recognized and exports the right file. 

I tried cntrl+shift+o to reorder the artboard, but didn't change the actual numbering. Is there an extra step I need to take in order to change the numbering? Is there a custom way to renumber the artboard?

Please help! Thank you!

Screen Shot 2020-04-03 at 2.33.56 PM.png

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Myra_Ferguson | Adobe Community Professional

I found this thread about a similar issue. It looks like resetting the preferences fixed it for them.

Topics

How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines