• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character encoding

New Here ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an InDesign file in the Arabic language with a link to 2 maps in Illustrator files in the Arabic language. When I generated a web-accessible pdf from InDesign, there are character encoding issues in the accessibility report of the pdf with the maps. Both the InDesign and Illustrator files use the same Adobe Arabic font. So I don't understand how to fix the character encoding issues in the maps in the Illustrator files. Can anyone help?

I have the same problem with my Hindi files too, but there is no encoding problem with the Chinese web-accessible pdf. All the language files are created the same way from English InDesign and Illustrator files. Thank you! Mei

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Likely there are some ligatures or other substituted glyphs in the text. You may have to suppress this by turning off the relevant options in the glyph palettes at the cost of the texts looking visually incorrect in terms of how it would actually be written. Using different fonts might compoensate for that, of course.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Mylenium. I would prefer not to change the font face. How to suppress glyph substitution? I tried Edit>Preference > Type > enable missing glyph protection - unchecked it but it doesn't work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to be Illustrator's bugs. It didn't work. I've to move all the text from the maps to InDesign. Very frustrated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you tried to set the subsetting of fonts to 0%?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It didn't work. We have called Adobe about the bugs. Let's see if they can resolve it. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. In addition to good information shared above, I'd request checking out this help article as well to know more about fonts & troubleshooting.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines