• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character panel split between two monitors

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help. I've been having an issue after changing one of my monitors. I have a 4k monitor and a Wacom Cintiq 13HD. I mostly use Illustrator on the Cintiq to take advantage of the pen since do a lot of illustrations. However lately, when I open the Character panel to change typefaces, half of it appears on the top 4k monitor and the bottom half on the Cintiq. I've tried restarting the PC, the tablet, Illustrator, changing settings in the Display options for Windows but nothing fixes it. It's super annoying. Does anyone know how to resolve this?

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. This is unusual. Have you tried resetting the Adobe Illustrator preferences?

Please follow this help article to do that and let us know if it helps.

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What settings did you change under the Display options?

Are the Scale and Layout settings the same for both monitors?

Assuming you are using Windows 10, is it up to date?

Is your Illustrator up to date?

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I changed the scaling options but this didn't help. I tried making scaling the same (100%) but this didn't help. The layout is 4k monitor on top and Cintiq on the bottom with Windows extended. Everything is up to date. I've realized however that if I make the Character panel a floating panel, and also if I drag it all the way down to the bottom edge of my Cintiq tablet when I expand it, it doesn't get split between the two monitors. It's as if Illustrator can't constrain panels to one monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didn't help, unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines