• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character Window issue in Illustrator CS6 - font family pull down menu not working

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Character Window isn't working properly. The pull-down menu for the Font Family stopped working 3 weeks ago. I can type into it to change the font, but I cannot browse by using my up/down arrow keys. The Font Style pull down below it still works, though. I also cannot see the font drop down menu from the Type category up above in the Menu Bar. I've tried restarting, checking for updates, fixing the Zoom on my screen, and looking through posts here, etc. I'm running Windows 10 on a PC with Illustrator CS6. I started using FontBase maybe 4 months ago to organize my fonts. I don't like it at all, not user friendly. I'm going to uninstall that if I cannot figure this out soon. I use this feature constantly, and it's getting annoying now. Any help would be appreciated! (Oh! And any suggestions for a good font organizing software that is a flat one-time purchase, not a monthly subscription? Thanks!)  ** posted 10/05/20

TOPICS
Bug , Tools , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Windows 10 is not fully compatible with Illustrator CS6.

I can fully understand the many reasons why you want to continue using Illustrator CS6, but then you'll have to do so on a compatible system. https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/system-requirements-old-versions.html

As for the font management: A font management application has to be fully compatible with Illustrator. Illustrator is known for being very picky about fonts and font management.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 is not fully compatible with Illustrator CS6.

I can fully understand the many reasons why you want to continue using Illustrator CS6, but then you'll have to do so on a compatible system. https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/system-requirements-old-versions.html

As for the font management: A font management application has to be fully compatible with Illustrator. Illustrator is known for being very picky about fonts and font management.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my gosh!! It figures. Of course the person updating my laptop didn't mention that when he gave me Windows 10. My only request was that I needed to run Adobe CS6 smoothly. Thank you so very much for the info. Funny, I've been using Windows 10 for over a year before this happened.

As for the font management, I understand the application needs to be fully compatable. Are there any you'd recommend that seem to work well with the CS6 Suite?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I haven't been using one for the last 20 years or so (for this exact reason). So unfortunately I can't recommend one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines