Highlighted

Chunky eraser

Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rather than being able to erase in clean even lines like in every other art programs I've ever used Illustrator can't do that I have to erase "chunks" rather than just fixing the small mistakes I make in my art. Any fixes? What am I doing wrong?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Monika Gause | Adobe Community Professional

Illustrator eraser doesn't work like Photoshop eraser.

You are probably trying to erase parts of a brush stroke path? That just won't work.

In order for the eraser tool to halfway work as you expect it to, you will have to draw using the blob brush tool.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Chunky eraser

Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rather than being able to erase in clean even lines like in every other art programs I've ever used Illustrator can't do that I have to erase "chunks" rather than just fixing the small mistakes I make in my art. Any fixes? What am I doing wrong?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Monika Gause | Adobe Community Professional

You are probably trying to erase parts of a brush stroke path? That just won't work.

In order for the eraser tool to halfway work as you expect it to, you will have to draw using the blob brush tool.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 21, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Illustrator are you using?

Also, I can imagine that no serious participant in this forum actually do understand what you are claiming about.

Can you clarify a bit?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 21, 2020 0
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 21, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, switched to the blob tool and now it works.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 22, 2020 1
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 22, 2020 0
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that really a serious answer, Monika?

Based on the initial request?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 21, 2020 0