• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clicking color variation does not change color of selected artwork?

Explorer ,
Jul 28, 2019 Jul 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With an object selected, when I click one of the Shades or Tints in the Color Guide panel, the artwork does not change color consistently. Sometimes, the color changes if Option is added but that is not consistent. A note in the current Illustrator Reference PDF on page 233 says, Note: If you have artwork selected, clicking a color variation changes the color of the selected artwork, just like clicking a swatch in the Swatches panel. (Italics in original)

If I click and drag a color variation to the selected artwork, it changes the color to that selected.

If the artwork is deselected and selected again, clicking a color variation works but not consistently.

The behavior does not change if Warm/Cool or Vivid/Muted variations are selected.

I'm using Illustrator 23.0.4 and macOS 10.14.6 on a 27 inch 2017 iMac. I've restarted the computer and Illustrator several times. I have not yet tried resetting Illustrator preferences as I have customized many to my needs and am reluctant to be forced to redo that process.

Expected behaviors? Suggestions appreciated! Thank you.

Doug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2019 Jul 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of artwork is selected? How many colors?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this started happening to me today. (See pict).

Screen Shot 2019-09-18 at 8.28.54 PM.png

I tried resetting AI prefs... didn't work.

Mac 10.14.5, Illustrator CC 2019 (23.0.6)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(yikes that screenshot is way huger than I thought!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This kind of thing seems to happen for some people. For me it works perfectly (same system, same version). You might try and report it as a bug, but someone might need to login to your system to check things out. Something else might be interfering. Contact Customer Care. https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines