• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clipping Mask leaves the original image outline

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! I've been looking for a way to get rid of this outline of the original image I've made a clipping mask of. It appears when I put my mouse over it. Also I'm not able to like edit the stroke of the clipping mask. I guess I have to turn it into an object but I couldn't figure it out. 

Thanks in advance 🙂

Screen Shot 2021-01-23 at 16.38.54.png

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a pixel image. You won't be able to cut that off in Illustrator.

What is your goal with this artwork? Why do you think it's necessary to cut it off?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just making a post for Instagram, and I need to have some strokes outlining the clipped object. But I can't change the stroke size so I thought it was an issue with clipping mask and it could be fixed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see a connection between stroke size and the clipping mask. What keeps you from just drawing those lines?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean that when I make clipping object with an image, it doesn't become an object. Therefor I'm unable to treat it as on object and adjust it's strokes. So I'm asking whether is there a way to turn this clipping mask into an object. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You want to have a stroke along the mask?

Select the mask with the direct selection tool and then apply a stroke to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines