• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clipping Mask problem

Enthusiast ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working to make a clipping mask but it doesn't work. Here is my basic start frame:

Screen Shot 2020-06-16 at 10.29.35 AM.png

When I hit Make I get this

Screen Shot 2020-06-16 at 10.34.08 AM.png

 The item that I want to wind up on top of the 'blouse' cancels out the the blouse and takes over. How do it get it to stay when I hit 'make'?

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

You will need to make a copy of the mask shape that has the gradient and make sure that it is behind all of the elements that you will want on top of it. Then make sure that the mask shape is above all of the other elements that will go inside of it. Then select tha mask shape and all of the elements (including the copy of the mask that has the gradient) and then use Object>Clipping Mask>Make (Command (Mac)/Control (PC)-7) to make the mask. The problem you had is that the clipping mask shape wil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need to make a copy of the mask shape that has the gradient and make sure that it is behind all of the elements that you will want on top of it. Then make sure that the mask shape is above all of the other elements that will go inside of it. Then select tha mask shape and all of the elements (including the copy of the mask that has the gradient) and then use Object>Clipping Mask>Make (Command (Mac)/Control (PC)-7) to make the mask. The problem you had is that the clipping mask shape will lose its fill when you use it to make the mask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. You identified the problem and I was able to correct it! Thank you. I then tried to bring it into Character Animator and the arms didn't keep the form right but I figure that's for Ch to follow up on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Happy to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines