Highlighted

clipping mask

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having some trouble with illustrator clipping every time I try to do OBJECT-CLIPPING MASK-MAKE it says the same thing (cant make clipping mask the selection must contain more than one object)

please help

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

clipping mask

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having some trouble with illustrator clipping every time I try to do OBJECT-CLIPPING MASK-MAKE it says the same thing (cant make clipping mask the selection must contain more than one object)

please help

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 09, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show your art. Most importantla: the screenshot has to contain the layers panel.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 09, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Libby,

Select both the object to be clipped and the single/compound path that clips it, then apply the mask (you can use Ctrl/Cmd+7).

It seems that you have only selected either; if one of them is locked, unlock it.

You can look in the Layers palette with the Layer expanded to make sure what you are doing if you are uncertain.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 09, 2020 0
Resources