Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was trying to save my design as an EPS with these settings:

Screen Shot 03-02-19 at 07.23 PM.PNG

But, around 80 - 85% of the saving process, I'm getting this warning message:

Screen Shot 03-02-19 at 07.12 PM.PNG

• I've not used any clipping paths in my design. But I've used a drop shadow effect. Is that the cause?
  • Will this affect the EPS file in any bad way?
  • How can I avoid this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't address your exact question but is there any particular reason why you are saving this as an EPS file? Would an Illustrator or PDF file work? If so you could bypass your problem altogether.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I need it as an EPS for uploading to certain stock image websites.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some quick Googling suggests that some people were able to solve this issue by turning off the preview in the EPS Options dialogue box. I have no personal experience with this problem so I'm not recommending this. Just something you could try.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did help, but will it affect the EPS in any bad way? Since I'm uploading this to stock sites, I need to ensure that.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear.

I'll let others comment on whether you might have any unintended consequences from doing this.

You could also check any guidelines available from the Stock sites you are uploading to.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make Selection you vector and make simply,

with object selected Go to Object - Path - Simplify, curve precicion 100% and 180% angle threshold. try to save as EPS.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is an old post, but this is for anyone still getting this warning. I work in a print shop. I get this warning all of the time. Especially when embedding images and using effects like drop shadow. To this day, I have never noticed any negative effects from this warning as far as how files print, cut, or are editable later. However, what this DOES affect is your preview image when using the file online. If you want it to go away, simply change "preview format" to none when saving. This may hurt your thumbnail previews, but thats about it. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines