• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clipping paths not working properly in Illustrator 2020 on both Window and MAC operating system.

New Here ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're seeing issues in which clipping paths fail -- specifically, when we reopen files we've been using for hours (or days), some masked content is unmasked and the clipping path reverts to its initial appearance (white fill, no stroke).

This is happening in fully up-to-date AI versions for both Win10 and MacOS.

Some files appear to be more persistent about this than others, and we can't tell if it's specific paths that become corrupted in some way...

Anyone else seeing this?

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sean,

Sorry to hear about this. That's definitely not a typical experience with Illustrator. I would request if you could share a few more details like:

• Where the files are saved (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System /External HDD)?
  • When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates or web extensions installed recently.
  • Will it be possible to share a small video and a sample file? If yes, you can upload it to Creative Cloud (or similar service) and share the download link with us.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Shrishti --

Thanks for your help! I'm afraid I can't post the files in which we started seeing this (they're massive and contain information proprietary to our clients); I will, however, try to recreate it in files that I can share. In the meantime, here are some answers to your questions:

• Both AI and placed images are stored locally,
  • This started a couple of days ago on both Mac and Win10 machines. There have been no changes to our systems (no OS updates, no antivirus installations or updates, no new web or application extensions)
  • We do use Creative Cloud to keep our Adobe software up to date; AI was updated last week. We didn't see this issue before the update, though perhaps the update isn't responsible
  • I'll upload a file as soon as I can

One more detail: The failed clipping masks contain linked images (JPG, PNG or TIF) that also are all stored locally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Shrishti --

Thanks for your help! I'm afraid I can't post the files in which we started seeing this (they're massive and contain information proprietary to our clients); I will, however, try to recreate it in files that I can share. In the meantime, here are some answers to your questions:

• Both AI and placed images are stored locally,
  • This started a couple of days ago on both Mac and Win10 machines. There have been no changes to our systems (no OS updates, no antivirus installations or updates, no new web or application extensions)
  • We do use Creative Cloud to keep our Adobe software up to date; AI was updated last week. We didn't see this issue before the update, though perhaps the update isn't responsible
  • I'll upload a file as soon as I can

One more detail: The failed clipping masks contain linked images (JPG, PNG or TIF) that also are all stored locally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

sorry to hear it. You better consult with adobe support who really can help you out from this problem.

Robert Vincent
Graphic Design

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines