• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clippling mask losing image when reopening

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When my students save their very basic clipping masks and we reopen it the image that was clipped is not longer in the text.   We are doing a very basic image under a text and creating a clipping mask with it.

I am making sure to have my students place their image instead of drag and drop as that seemed to help last year but it is popping up again.

Any idea as to what I'm doing wrong?

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Can you still see the linked image in the Links panel?

Drag and drop and Place do the same thing.

The difference would be between linked and embedded images. When dragging and dropping, hold shift to embed instead of link. When Placing, uncheck the Link box in the file browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you still see the linked image in the Links panel?

Drag and drop and Place do the same thing.

The difference would be between linked and embedded images. When dragging and dropping, hold shift to embed instead of link. When Placing, uncheck the Link box in the file browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!!! This was so helpful! The embed quick action... I forgot that!  You're a lifesaver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines