• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Close a shape with the pencil tool?

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to mix shape building tools and drawing tools to create a closed shape?

For instance, if I've drawn part of a silouette with the pencil tool and would like to close it with the line tool. (Yes, I know I can draw straight line segments with the pencil but go with me on this). Or the other way around... I've drawn an open arc and would like to close it using the pencil or a brush - and end up with a fully closed path. Is this possible? Or do shapes only play with shapes and drawing tools only play with drawing tools when creating one complete path?

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

1) Instead of the Line tool you may use the Pen tool in this case.

2) This is possible (the other way around). Just make sure that your Pencil/Brush tool settings do allow it (see option "Edit Selected Paths").

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Yes, the tools can be mixed, as you say. So if you started with an open arc and want to close it with the pencil, first make sure the path is selected. Then, when you go to the pencil tool, you will be able to see if the pencil tool is connecting if there is a "/" rather than a "*" next to the icon. When you are closing the path, a small circle (hollow or open in the center) will appear. You may need to double click on the pencil tool to set up the preferences to make sure that it is working the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) Instead of the Line tool you may use the Pen tool in this case.

2) This is possible (the other way around). Just make sure that your Pencil/Brush tool settings do allow it (see option "Edit Selected Paths").

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, the tools can be mixed, as you say. So if you started with an open arc and want to close it with the pencil, first make sure the path is selected. Then, when you go to the pencil tool, you will be able to see if the pencil tool is connecting if there is a "/" rather than a "*" next to the icon. When you are closing the path, a small circle (hollow or open in the center) will appear. You may need to double click on the pencil tool to set up the preferences to make sure that it is working they way you want it to, i.e., closing paths, etc. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines