• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cmd+1 not showing actual size in Illustrator on macOS Catalina

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just realise that the Actual size (cmd+1) is not showing the actual print size of the artwork. It was working fine a couple of month ago (I just started using Illustrator again after lockdown) but now is no longer working. I didnt touch any settings on either illustrator or computer/screen settings.

I've been trying to find what's the problem on the internet, but I can only find to check the box in Preferences>general> Display Print Size at 100% zoom, wich I have checked but when I (cmd+1) the size is not even remotetly close to the actual size.
Does anyone have an ideia whats happening and how to fix it?
Cheers

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Miguel,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I tried to replicate this on my end and Actual Size(ctrl/cmd + 1) is working as expected.

Would you mind sharing version of OS? Also, does it happen with all the documents?

You may try resetting the preferences and see if it helps.

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

Let us know how it goes. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashutosh

I was using a older version of OS, but the I just updated to the latest version (Catalina - 10.15.5) and the problem still persist. And yes, its happening with all documents.
I also did reset Illustration preferences (on the general tab) and still the same.

Just tested at my home computer and it's working as expected. So it would have to be a issue in that computer. But I still don't know what's the solution. 

What can I do? Please advise what to do next.

With regards,
Miguel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Miguel,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. I just checked on my machine and found that CTRL shortcuts were getting conflicted with Spotlight and Siri shortcuts.

Could you please turn off these shortcuts from System Preferences and let us know how it goes.

turn off siri shortcuts.png spotlight shortcuts.png

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Srishti.

Sorry for taking so long replying. 
I did follow the steps you mentioned in the previous message but unfurtonatlly the problem stil persists.

With regards,
Miguel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is it only the shortcut that doesn't work or is it also when you select from the menu that it doesn't work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines