Color-Blindness: Suggestions for tweaking Illustrator to help color-deficient users

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Swatches and the color-picker are of limited utility for persons unable to identify colors reliably.  One program I used to use offered a virtual crayon box with the colors named and labeled.  This was helpful.  Still moreso was an eyedropper tool which I could touch to a color I wanted to replicate.  When the tool had "absorbed" the color, touching it to the target would make its color match the source's color.  Possibly Illustrator does possess similar features, but I have not found them, and without them, further exploration of the program is futile.  Thoughts?  Advice?

TOPICS
Feature request, How to, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Color-Blindness: Suggestions for tweaking Illustrator to help color-deficient users

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Swatches and the color-picker are of limited utility for persons unable to identify colors reliably.  One program I used to use offered a virtual crayon box with the colors named and labeled.  This was helpful.  Still moreso was an eyedropper tool which I could touch to a color I wanted to replicate.  When the tool had "absorbed" the color, touching it to the target would make its color match the source's color.  Possibly Illustrator does possess similar features, but I have not found them, and without them, further exploration of the program is futile.  Thoughts?  Advice?

TOPICS
Feature request, How to, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 23, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the swatches panel, use the drop-down menu to view the swatches as a list to see them named.

Use the eyedropper tool (I) to take colours and apply them from a source.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 24, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. In addition to what Doug has suggested, I'd request you to check out this help article(https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/appearance-attributes.html) to know how to adjust appearance. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 27, 2020 0
Resources