• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color Halftone Effect Issue - Adobe Illustrator 2020

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to add color halftone (Effect > Pixelate > Color Halftone) to achieve this effectScreen Shot 2021-04-20 at 6.47.16 PM.png

BUT INSTEAD I'M GETTING THIS:

Screen Shot 2021-04-20 at 6.49.53 PM.png

how can I edit the sizing and clarity of my resulting color halftone? Any help would be much appreciated. 

Thanks

Adobe Illustrator 2020

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pixel effects derive their results from the pixel effect DPI setting and the document DPI. The result will be different for a 72 DPI document vs. a 300 DPI one. And of course there is no point in zooming in 400% on what clearly is just a small text object and then expect a detailed halftone. The type itself may need to be designed larger to begin with. It seems you have several misunderstandings about some basics here.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As mentioned by Mylenium, your ppi settings are too low to get a crisp raster effect and zooming in on low res pixels does not make it better.

You coud increase the document raster effects, but you can also apply a rasterize effect to the settings for the fill and increase the resolution to 300 ppi or higher.

Also: move the effects to the fill instead of applying them to both stroke and fill.

Screenshot 2021-04-21 at 12.02.05.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines