• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color Mode problem when exporting - illustrator

Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

need some help please. I'm using illustrator and I want to save a file in PNG that im working with CMYK color mode. But when I save it, it is automatically RGB..                   I did File > Export > Export As  ... Resolution 72 ppi. * Another question : Then it says Anti-aliasing (I read the information box but I dont understand) My Artwork is an image and Text so should I use Art optimized or Text optimized? 

I saw a video that shows that using JPEG it is possible to change color Mode to CMYK, is this the only format that I should use? 

I'm doing design for Print on Demand websited like Red Bubble and Spreadshirt, thats why it has to be CMYK. If I use JPEG I cant have transparent background, its confusing.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At least spreadshirt doesn't demand that files be CMYK. And often you will get better results in direct to garment printing when you print from RGB files.

As for the anti aliasing: use whatever looks better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A png file cannot be saved as CMYK. If you want a raster file made from an Illustrator object that retains transparency and can remain as CMYK then you should export the file as a PSD using File>Export>Export As>Photoshop (PSD). During that process you will be offered options for resolution and whether you want to retain layers. If you can use a vector file then save as an .ai or pdf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines