Highlighted

Color picker preview doesn't match color field

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Color picker preview in Illustrator doesn't match the circled color in the color field, and in the document. As you can see below, the selected color in the color field matches the document. But the preview shows it as much brighter.

AI.jpg

I don't have this problem in Photoshop. Everything matches, as you can see below.

PS.jpg

These are both blank documents that I started in RGB profile. The color settings are the same.

Illustrator:

AI-colorsettings.jpg

Photoshop:

PS-colorsettings.jpg

It looks like the Illustrator preview matches the color in my Windows Photos viewer, as seen below.

windowsviewer.jpg

Also, when I screenshotted it and pasted it into Photoshop, the hex code for the Photos viewer is the same code as the original! But the code for the PS/AI screenshots dimmed. I guess when I screenshot, it's being recorded in the Windows color space which is brighter so the PS/AI colors would be dimmed down.

Anyhow, I don't know why the Illustrator preview is matching the Windows color. It's not like that in Photoshop. How can I fix this? Or is this an Illustrator bug?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Color picker preview doesn't match color field

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Color picker preview in Illustrator doesn't match the circled color in the color field, and in the document. As you can see below, the selected color in the color field matches the document. But the preview shows it as much brighter.

AI.jpg

I don't have this problem in Photoshop. Everything matches, as you can see below.

PS.jpg

These are both blank documents that I started in RGB profile. The color settings are the same.

Illustrator:

AI-colorsettings.jpg

Photoshop:

PS-colorsettings.jpg

It looks like the Illustrator preview matches the color in my Windows Photos viewer, as seen below.

windowsviewer.jpg

Also, when I screenshotted it and pasted it into Photoshop, the hex code for the Photos viewer is the same code as the original! But the code for the PS/AI screenshots dimmed. I guess when I screenshot, it's being recorded in the Windows color space which is brighter so the PS/AI colors would be dimmed down.

Anyhow, I don't know why the Illustrator preview is matching the Windows color. It's not like that in Photoshop. How can I fix this? Or is this an Illustrator bug?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 19, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this is an RGB document?

And the sRGB color profile applied to it?

Is any color proof option turned on?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 19, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rgb.jpg

srgb.jpg

proof.jpg

"Proof Colors" is unchecked so that means no color proof option is turned on, right? Sorry, I'm new to Illustrator.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 19, 2020 0
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And is the color proof in Photoshop turned on?

RGB document in Photoshop as well? And also the same color profile?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Color proof in Photoshop is turned off.

Yes, RGB document and same color profile.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2020 0
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then I have only one thing left: can you turn off GPU acceleration in both apps?

There's a color management forum, you can try there as well.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/color-management/bd-p/Color-Management?page=1&sort=latest_replies&fil...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2020 0
Resources