• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color Settings for neon colors?

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2009 Aug 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to make a document, used to print on a t shirt, and i need neon colors. For some reason everytime i pick a neon color, the color that actually shows up on the document is more of a pastel color. I tried changing some of the color settings profiles but nothing would work. Could someone explain how I could get neon colors?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try viewing the document with overprint preview on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No that didnt change anything. My CMYK is set to US Web Coated (SWOP) v2 if that means anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

View>Overprint Preview

or

Command+Shift+Option+Y toggles this preview mode.

And you say this changed nothing?

When I put a big swatch of color and color it as 804 yes it looks pastel until I switch to overprint preview. Then it only gets a bit darker and oranger. Still no real way for you to softproof any Neon colors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To actually preview Neon colors just use your Neon monitor.

Neon colors are not within the range of colors an RGB model can produce. The swatches are a representation of a spot color which will be applied to the substrate you choose. In the case of your design I guess this would be T-Shirts. If you invent a Neon monitor and want to work on a design with Neon colors for any length of time you might want to put on sunglasses. Makes my eyes hurt just thinking about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

b86,

Neon colours cannot be made from CMYK. You need spot colours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the others said, there is no way to preview this on a monitor. Just define the spot colors properly in the document and hand it over to the textile printer. If he knows what a Pantone swatch is, he will pick the right colors. If he uses some other concoctions based on a textile specific color system, he will call you up, anyway, and you will have to sort this out on the location. Also make sure you get things right with any additional layers of white underprint or special additional reflective pigment., depending on how brigh tyou want your dayglo orange or whatever...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Search hex code for Pantone fluo color:
- Neon yellow: Pantone 809C
- Neon orange: Pantone 804C
- Neon pink: Pantone 806C
- Neon green: Pantone 802C
- Neon blue: Pantone 2925C

once have you found the hex:

Recolor Artwork- Color Book: Pantone + Pastels & Neons Coated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

23b757c7eadb6fbb31f7e75db8eedf3f.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

could you please explained it furthermore? still not quite get it..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines