• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colors Are Dull in Illustrator 25.2.1

Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't mess with any settings and for some reason in the middle of working ont he document the colors starting producing in full. Below is an example of the color I want the color I am getting. I saw some other forums talk about adjusting the color settings but I have never messed with them in the first place. Also I had the same setting he had in the screenshot. Screen Shot 2021-04-06 at 4.53.06 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-04-06 at 4.52.59 PM.png

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Can you check your Color Settings in the Edit menu?

There is a bug caused by the recent Photoshop update. It sets your Illustrator Color Settings to Emulate Illustrator 6, which turns color management off.

If that is the case, use the CC app to revert Photoshop to the Previous version (22.2.0) and then change your Color Settings to what you want it to be.

See also:

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/42892902-illustrator-v25-2-1-color-profile-keeps-changing-t

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Hi there,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused by this. This issue has now been fixed. Please update Adobe Photoshop to the latest version. Let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CORRECTION ON MY GRAMMAR: I didn't mess with any settings and for some reason in the middle of working on the document the colors starting producing in dull colors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you check your Color Settings in the Edit menu?

There is a bug caused by the recent Photoshop update. It sets your Illustrator Color Settings to Emulate Illustrator 6, which turns color management off.

If that is the case, use the CC app to revert Photoshop to the Previous version (22.2.0) and then change your Color Settings to what you want it to be.

See also:

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/42892902-illust...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused by this. This issue has now been fixed. Please update Adobe Photoshop to the latest version. Let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone else having troubles with this still? I'm still having color isses in Illustator. Everything I save out is either super saturated and dark or light and washed out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello my friend..

It is I, the original poster. Many creators like me and you, have posted in forums in hopes that someone will reply to them despite the post being super old. However, that is rare. I am here to inform you that today... TODAY is NOT that day. I am here and will help you to the best of my ability. 

Anyways so yeah I found out the problem was that my document was in CMYK and not RGB. I was so confident this wasn't the issue but it was. Find a post that contains information on how to switch it while the doucment is open or simply create a new canvas with RGB settings. This should solve it almost immediately. 

The cause of this happening random can sometimes mean Photoshop mixed its settings with Illustrator. However, as state above, this issue should've been fixed in a patch but who knows, maybe its still out there! Hope this helps somewhat!

-Will

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The cause of this happening random can sometimes mean Photoshop mixed its settings with Illustrator. However, as state above, this issue should've been fixed in a patch but who knows, maybe its still out there! Hope this helps somewhat!

By @Willard Jenkins

Photoshop mixing its settings with Illustrator? That is technically impossible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right. I misread the answer above! I think the person replying in the "Correct Answer" portion thought I was talking about Photoshop but in reality my post is about Illustrator. Sorry about that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you show your Color Settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines