• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

colors dull in illustrator 2020

New Here ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of my colors in Illustrator are super dull for some reason. One of my favorite colors is this bright royal blue (0303F6), but when I try to use it in Illustrator, it comes out muted and just plain sad. It does this with every other color I use, too. I'll attach some pictures below.

I'm fairly new to Illustrator, so I have little to no clue what I'm doing. Advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Here's the color I want:

Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 11.01.53 AM.png

And here's Illustrator's take on it:

Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 11.19.50 AM.png

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Hi,
Please share your color settings from Edit -> Color Settings... Please refer the below screenshot for the same.

Screenshot 2020-05-07 at 12.03.48 AM.png

Also, you can refer below post

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/colors-dull-in-illustrator-2020/m-p/11110386?page=1#U11110386

I hope this helps you

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Or start with an RGB document.

Don't use a Print preset but an Art & Illustration preset to create a new document.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

eturk,

First guess: you are in CMYK Color Mode; you can create/switch a/the document in(to) RGB Color Mode and start over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
Please share your color settings from Edit -> Color Settings... Please refer the below screenshot for the same.

Screenshot 2020-05-07 at 12.03.48 AM.png

Also, you can refer below post

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/colors-dull-in-illustrator-2020/m-p/11110386?page=1#U1111...

I hope this helps you

Thanks

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - this was a life saver!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2021 Jul 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks this solved my issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2023 Jun 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG THANK YOU!!!🙏🏻

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2023 Oct 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey, i don't think this worked for me? maybe im messing something else up, i don't know, but the colors don't seem to change at all when i edit the settings. if there's anything else that you think might help, please let me know 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2023 Oct 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

nevermind, i just fixed it. didn't realize i'd also have to go in and change the document color mode from CMYK to RGB in a whole other menu, lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or start with an RGB document.

Don't use a Print preset but an Art & Illustration preset to create a new document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much! Super easy fix and I can't believe how quickly people responded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue though none of the suggestions in this thread have fixed the problem. No matter whether or not I select a Web Template or a custom RGB layout my colors are still coming out muddled. And before you ask, my color settings are identical to those that @Charu Rajput posted.

Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 2.03.05 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please create a new thread. Yours is a different issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do i have to use the RGB color system even if the document is destined to be printed ?? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do i have to use the RGB color system even if the document is destined to be printed ?? 

By @Abroucha5FB0

Some printers can actually produce better results with RGB files.

But in any case: contact your print service provider and ask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For my part you are welcome, eturk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this does not work. I just created a new RGB document in illustrator 2020 and the colors are still muted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you create a new topic and describe what you did and expect?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I discovered the problem. I am using dual monitors with my computer which involve aa apple PowerBook pro and a Dell 48" monitor. If i look at the illustrator color on the Dell screen it is muted. If i pull the workspace over to the PowerBook screen the color is exactly what its supposed to be. So, it is the Dell monitor causing my problem. I will call Dell to see if there is a better way to calibrate their monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem with my new Dell monitor. Did you manage to fix the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To test colors i pull it over to my laptop monitor, a Mac. The only workaround i know.

Personal details removed by moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To anyone reaching dead-ends on their search for a fix, this one worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines