Highlighted

colors dull in illustrator 2020

New Here ,
May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of my colors in Illustrator are super dull for some reason. One of my favorite colors is this bright royal blue (0303F6), but when I try to use it in Illustrator, it comes out muted and just plain sad. It does this with every other color I use, too. I'll attach some pictures below.

I'm fairly new to Illustrator, so I have little to no clue what I'm doing. Advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Here's the color I want:

Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 11.01.53 AM.png

And here's Illustrator's take on it:

Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 11.19.50 AM.png

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Ton Frederiks | Adobe Community Professional

Or start with an RGB document.

Don't use a Print preset but an Art & Illustration preset to create a new document.

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

colors dull in illustrator 2020

New Here ,
May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of my colors in Illustrator are super dull for some reason. One of my favorite colors is this bright royal blue (0303F6), but when I try to use it in Illustrator, it comes out muted and just plain sad. It does this with every other color I use, too. I'll attach some pictures below.

I'm fairly new to Illustrator, so I have little to no clue what I'm doing. Advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Here's the color I want:

Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 11.01.53 AM.png

And here's Illustrator's take on it:

Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 11.19.50 AM.png

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Ton Frederiks | Adobe Community Professional

Don't use a Print preset but an Art & Illustration preset to create a new document.

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 06, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

eturk,

First guess: you are in CMYK Color Mode; you can create/switch a/the document in(to) RGB Color Mode and start over.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 06, 2020 2
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
Please share your color settings from Edit -> Color Settings... Please refer the below screenshot for the same.

Screenshot 2020-05-07 at 12.03.48 AM.png

Also, you can refer below post

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/colors-dull-in-illustrator-2020/m-p/11110386?page=1#U1111...

I hope this helps you

Thanks

Best regards

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 06, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 06, 2020 1
New Here ,
May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much! Super easy fix and I can't believe how quickly people responded.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 06, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For my part you are welcome, eturk.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 06, 2020 0