Highlighted

Colors FADE OUT when copying from Illustrator to Animated

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem using a combination of Adobe Illustrator, Animate, After Effects, and Premiere.

I have consistently run into a bug in the software when copying and pasting vector elements from Illustrator to Animate—apparently an issue that many other Adobe users have as well.

I am working in RGB color space, with color settings synchronized across the apps, but every time a vector element is copied from illustrator into animate, the colors of the vector elements always show up desaturated, with no way to make them the same RGB levels as the illustrator document. (unless converted to bitmap, which causes the image to downsample horribly) The bright, vivid colors of our characters are part of our brand, so I’m sure it’s clear why this is a problem.

Several users have complained stating the only way around this is to save the illustrator file as a .svg and import it onto the animate stage, but this is tedious, and frankly wasting paid working hours.

We would be happy to hear if there are any acceptable solutions to this issue.

Note: This is a long-time adobe problem that has persisted past several versions of product updates. Please fix this as soon as possible!

Best regards,

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Colors FADE OUT when copying from Illustrator to Animated

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem using a combination of Adobe Illustrator, Animate, After Effects, and Premiere.

I have consistently run into a bug in the software when copying and pasting vector elements from Illustrator to Animate—apparently an issue that many other Adobe users have as well.

I am working in RGB color space, with color settings synchronized across the apps, but every time a vector element is copied from illustrator into animate, the colors of the vector elements always show up desaturated, with no way to make them the same RGB levels as the illustrator document. (unless converted to bitmap, which causes the image to downsample horribly) The bright, vivid colors of our characters are part of our brand, so I’m sure it’s clear why this is a problem.

Several users have complained stating the only way around this is to save the illustrator file as a .svg and import it onto the animate stage, but this is tedious, and frankly wasting paid working hours.

We would be happy to hear if there are any acceptable solutions to this issue.

Note: This is a long-time adobe problem that has persisted past several versions of product updates. Please fix this as soon as possible!

Best regards,

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 09, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which color profile are you using in Illustrator?

Does it work when you use the CC libraries for exchanging graphics?

I guess you need to figure out which profile Animate is working on.

Maybe the Animate forum can help with that.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 09, 2020 0
Resources