Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

colour exporting issue illustrator

Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Upon exporting my file which is to be posted on instagram and instagram stories the colours are dull and it changes the cream colour to a more yellow and lightens the brown.

I have read all of the things on here and nothing has worked. I have changed/tried all of the colour profiles, I have tried all of the colour settings and nothing works. I am in RGB. 

What settings do I need to be in for there to be no colour change when I export and when I post to instagram stories?

Please help me I have been trying for days. Thanks

TOPICS
Import and export , Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Explorer , Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Hi again, I found the issue. My computer colour settings were set to RGB not sRGB and once changed I now see the duller version. Thanks for all you help, sorry for wasting anyones time.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , May 13, 2023 May 13, 2023

I've been experiencing this problem for such a long time too! I wouldn't have thought to check my actual MacBook colour setting to solve the problem. tysm 🥹

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You say you are using RGB. Is your color space set to sRGB? That is what you should using for web products. Also most of the big players do a rehash of your file to compress it further. Sometimes it isn't compatible with what you've done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2021-02-15 at 17.50.55.png

this is what I am on  at the moment is this what you mean? If not, how do I change colour space to sRGB? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instagram probably expects sRGB.

What is the Document Color Profile of your Illustrator file?

You can show it at the bottom of your window:

Doc profile.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is the same as the one you have posted. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be sure, if you go to Edit > Assign Profile...

Does it look exactly as this:

assign profile.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes it does!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your document profile is sRGB, there should be no problem.

How do you export, as png or jpeg?

Can you show your export and how it looks on Instagram?

If your export is ok, than Instagram is the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I export as jpeg for insta, but when I export generally for png the colour is fine on preview (I'm on apple), but when I actually put it onto something it always goes dull in colour.

for example I wanted to use a logo i made with the same colour in premier pro but its gone dull.

It exports the way I want, but in anything other than the preview it goes dull in colour. On anything not just instagram. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2021-02-15 at 22.28.40.png

this is my export settings. Should I change anything?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your export settings are good.

And jpeg embeds the profile (PNG from Illustrator doesn't).

You may try to resave a PNG from Preview (or Photoshop) to embed the profile and see if that makes a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, yep I've done that and still doesnt work. I dont think instagram is the problem its actually as soon as I view the pdf or jpeg out of the apple preview app the colours are dull. Is there anything I can do to sort this? I pay so much for this yet it doesnt even do what I need it to 😞

Thanks for any help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does that happen to you before or is it the first time ?

if you saved the file on your phone, does the  color look perfect before posting on Instagram?

Have you tried testing the artwork on a different phone ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so I've checked and it looks good on my mac preview. The colours are perfect as they should be. Then on my phone (I have tried multiple) the colour looses the vibrance. I think this is the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show your export and how it looks on Instagram?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2021-02-16 at 10.44.51.png

export is a screen shot of the zoomed in version.
But if I actually screen shot or anything the colour is correct (Very weird). But on any apps and viewing it the colour is wrong on multiple devices.

Just realised it might be my computer having a better screen? I have a 2014 apple macbook pro. 

The colour is rich and correct if I view the uploaded image on instagram via my computer but via other peoples phones and devices the colour is not what I have here.

Maybe doesnt explain why the colour was wrong on my computer in adobe premier pro when I was using the image for a video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have viewed this exact reply on my phone and the colour of the image looks completely different and less bright than it does on my laptop screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need to see the version in  Illustrator and the version in Preview and Instagram side by side.

We don't know what your color is supposed to look like. We don't see what you see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There isnt a way to do this becuase if I post them they will all look the same even though they are different.

However the colour should be 

Screen Shot 2021-02-16 at 12.21.54.png

And I'll send a picture showing the image and you can see if its the same brown to you.

tiral of it working 01111-01.jpg

 Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again, I found the issue. My computer colour settings were set to RGB not sRGB and once changed I now see the duller version. Thanks for all you help, sorry for wasting anyones time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And with "my computer color settings" you mean your display?

Good to hear that solved it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2023 May 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've been experiencing this problem for such a long time too! I wouldn't have thought to check my actual MacBook colour setting to solve the problem. tysm 🥹

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am afraid there is not much you can do, you cannot control the settings and display of apps on extenal devices. The only thing you can do is use sRGB as you have done.

Maybe someone comes up with a good idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines