• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colour profile keeps defaulting to ? Emulate illustrator

Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator keeps defaulting to Emulate Illustrator colour settings.

This is making working impossible as colour is key to my work.

All apps are up to date. This really needs sorting out Im paying for software that is getting worse with every upgrade 

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Hi All,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Product team is working on this issue. I'd request you to upvote on this UserVoice post(https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/42892902-illust...) & stay tuned for the updates.

Additionally, please try this workaround & let us know if it helps:

1. Lower Photoshop from 22.3 to 22.2.
2. Specify any color setting in Illustrator.

If you do the above
Even if you operate Photoshop while Illustrator is running,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Try to sync your Color Settings with Adobe Bridge, go to Edit > Color Settings, select your preferred color setting then click the apply button.

carlosgarro_0-1615669108176.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. I found switching from GPU mode to CPU mode fixes it, though obviously that's not a good fix at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac, right?

This has been happening to several people in the past few days, myself included.

A similar bug affected CC2019 apps, and the solution back then was to delete this file that is in...

"user"/Library/Preferences/Adobe/Color/ACEConfigCache2.lst

Trash that, open Bridge, set your color settings, then see if everything syncs after that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done this this morning and its worked. Thanks for that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot. sovled the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome ... thnx 🙏

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! It was driving me crazy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, this worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even I am having the same issue. Adobe please fix this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having the same issue too - Very frustrating!! Please fix this soon - working on logos etc and vectors has become  almost impossible! Correctness and consistency in colour is essential to my work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try to go back to Photoshop 22.2.0 as suggested above?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ton

Its Illustrator 2021 that is the issue. 
All files in CMYK are now appearing overly saturated on screen.

I can change the document colour mode to RGB - but that produces overly saturated PDF files
if doc colour mode is CMYK (its overly saturated on screen /working enviroment) and when saved to pdf is fine.? . . . Very frustrating - impossible when designing

What can I do? I see this is a bug in Illustrator 2021 - What can do to work around it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update . . .
I think I have fixed this issue now. Look at color settings in Photoshop.Then went into edit color settings in Illustrator 2021 - select custom rather than same as Emulate Illustrator 6. It then matches the same color profiles as PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It shows in Illustrator, but it is caused by the latest Photoshop.

Go back to the previous Photoshop version otherwise it will come back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just follow the steps mentioned above ... delete the file named "ACEConfigCache2.lst" (~/Library/Preferences/Adobe/Color/ACEConfigCache2.lst) and the Color Settings will not change back to the "Emulate Illustrator 6" setting. Whatever setting you chose will stick in all the Adobe CC apps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Product team is working on this issue. I'd request you to upvote on this UserVoice post(https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/42892902-illust...) & stay tuned for the updates.

Additionally, please try this workaround & let us know if it helps:

1. Lower Photoshop from 22.3 to 22.2.
2. Specify any color setting in Illustrator.

If you do the above
Even if you operate Photoshop while Illustrator is running, it will not emulate the settings by itself.

We appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By saying to lower to Photoshop 22.2. does that mean I should keep the older versions of the applications instead of just updating them? Just wondering, cause I have mine removed if a new version is available and installed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines