Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colour Settings not working

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone.

I'm having troubles with my illustrator. When I'm inserting images into the a file, this message pops up. And if i click "ok" it will let me work in the file, however all the colours are super off and muted looking? I've tried updating the app to the newest version, it didnt change anything. I've also tried changing the document colourmode back and forth bewteen CMYK and RBG but no changes still. It is also affecting the colours of all my previous .ai files...
I was told to try and select View --> Proof Setup to make the change in there, but Proof Setup is grayed out and I can't figure out how to fix it! 

If someone could provide some insight or a solution i would be soso grateful 🙂 

Screen Shot 2021-04-08 at 4.02.25 PM.png

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Can you check your Color Settings in the Edit menu?

There is a bug caused by the recent Photoshop update. It sets your Illustrator Color Settings to Emulate Illustrator 6, which turns color management off.

If that is the case, use the CC app to revert Photoshop to the Previous version (22.2.0) and then change your Color Settings to what you want it to be.

See also:

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/42892902-illustrator-v25-2-1-color-profile-keeps-changing-t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you check your Color Settings in the Edit menu?

There is a bug caused by the recent Photoshop update. It sets your Illustrator Color Settings to Emulate Illustrator 6, which turns color management off.

If that is the case, use the CC app to revert Photoshop to the Previous version (22.2.0) and then change your Color Settings to what you want it to be.

See also:

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/42892902-illust...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I had the same problem and y tried a very basic trick.

Just I uninstalled de app, and I instaled again. After that the pop up message alredy doesn't appear and my previous files doesn't have profile changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2024 Jan 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i hav the same problem also, but i uninstalled the app and instaled again, the pop up message still out..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2024 Jan 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Go into Edit > Color settings and set it up according to your needs.

Here you can downloads introductions to color management https://gwg.org/pdf-x-workflow/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines