Highlighted

Colour Themes Changing

Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, I'm quite new to illustrator so I'm probably screwing something up in preferences but my colour themes keep changing. When I create a new one the 5 colours change on saving although this is largely sorted out by trying a few times and eventually they stay the same. The main problem is that when I save a colour theme to swatches the colours in the theme all change slightly which I can't get round. Any help would be really appreciated 

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Monika Gause | Adobe Community Professional

Adobe Color works in RGB.

Your file is a CMYK document and the color gets converted from RGB to CMYK. A lot of RGB colors cannot be reproduced in CMYK color mode. You'll have to try and adjust the values manually. It would be best to have printed samples.

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Colour Themes Changing

Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, I'm quite new to illustrator so I'm probably screwing something up in preferences but my colour themes keep changing. When I create a new one the 5 colours change on saving although this is largely sorted out by trying a few times and eventually they stay the same. The main problem is that when I save a colour theme to swatches the colours in the theme all change slightly which I can't get round. Any help would be really appreciated 

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Monika Gause | Adobe Community Professional

Your file is a CMYK document and the color gets converted from RGB to CMYK. A lot of RGB colors cannot be reproduced in CMYK color mode. You'll have to try and adjust the values manually. It would be best to have printed samples.

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 26, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us where exactly you create the colors and where you save them and when they change.

Please do also show examples of the changes.

This might be simply caused by color mode conversion, but might also be something else.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 26, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I choose an eyedropped colour and then open the create tab in the colour themes window. I then create analogous and monochromatic using the eyedropped colour in the wheel that looks like the adobe colour website. I save these into a file specific folder and at this point the base colour changes slightly and the positions of the other colours created go completely out of whack. For example the colour wheel set to analogous will change to a custom selection with colours all over the place just before saving (although this problem is usually fixed by editing the now saved existing theme and trying to resave a few times after going through the above process). I then open the saved theme in my themes and press add to swatches, at this point the colours change quite dramatically in my swatches (for example quite pure blues change to purples). I've also attached a screenshot that shows the top leftmost colour in the colour themes and its result in swatches for a poster I'm trying to recreate for practiceCapture.PNG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 26, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 26, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I'll just start in new doc in RGB, thanks for the help

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 26, 2020 0