• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colour values change on their own! Very frustrating

Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The values of ALL COULOURS keep slightly changing over time, even as I am designing live inside a file! I will enter an exact CMYK or RGB value to match our brands colours, then these values will change slightly all on thie own. I've been monitoring this for about 2 months now hoping this issue would be resolved in an update... but it hasnt been!

This is a massive issue!

Colours have to be stable!

We need to be able to trust the program with things that are vital for a brand, like their COLOURS!

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

"This is a massive issue. Colours need to be stable. Colour is a fundamental to design and the brands we work with.

This issue has been going on for a few months now! Adobe really need to fix this asap."

You don't need to explain that to me. But I'm not "Adobe". This is a user forum. 95% of people are not staff and are trying to help in their spare time and our answers are based on what you you tell us. And on our experiences with other conversations.

The more you tell us, the better we can he

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is your color management set up?

How is your color proof set up (do you even use color proof)?

Do you know how document color mode works in Illustrator?

Does this happen while working in the file or does this happen when opening the file?

Exactly what are you doing with color?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont think this has anything to do with colour managment - Ive been using Adobe for 20 yerars and I've never had this issue.

Colour values should not change unless I decide to change them.

Atm I will select a colour, continue designing, then a few mins later the colour has changed (the values change by a 1-5 %).

You can see the difference visually and in colour values - See the example images from my original post.

This is a massive issue. Colours need to be stable. Colour is a fundamental to design and the brands we work with.

This issue has been going on for a few months now! Adobe really need to fix this asap.

Imagine how many files are being published atm with the colours not quite right. Im having to check all colours on a file before I export finished art, its ridiculous!

I quick look this morning shows at lest 2 other threads on this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"This is a massive issue. Colours need to be stable. Colour is a fundamental to design and the brands we work with.

This issue has been going on for a few months now! Adobe really need to fix this asap."

You don't need to explain that to me. But I'm not "Adobe". This is a user forum. 95% of people are not staff and are trying to help in their spare time and our answers are based on what you you tell us. And on our experiences with other conversations.

The more you tell us, the better we can help. Otherwise we will post possible solutions based on our assumptions. As regards color: in at least 90% of cases it's about color management.

Since none of us can look into your computer, you might want to contact Customer Care. They can look inside your system: Please contact them over there https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool. thanks for your help 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can only enter exact CMYK values when working in a CMYK document and only exact RGB values when working in a RGB document.

Entering CMYK values in a RGB document and RGB values in a CMYK document will convert them to the color mode of the document and this conversion will change the numbers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand the diference between CMYK and RGB, what you are describing is not the issue.

Colours are changing on their own.

The colour is changing in real time as I am designing (without closing the file)

Colours should not change unless I change them, whatever the colour profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Long and short: Your GPU is likely simply too weak and probably runs out of resources, resulting in incorrect color rendering on screen. Switch to software-only mode.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That could make sense, the computer im on is pretty old.

Still feel like it should not be happening, even on an older computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im actually getting a new computer next week.. so will be a good test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been thinking about this response.. It cant be a GPU issue

The colour values are changing. Its not anbout how the GPU is displaying the colours.

Has to be a bug in the program

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course the GPU will not change the values in your Illustrator file.

Values will change when conversion takes place.

Can you give us some info like Monika asked: How is your color management set up?

And what is your Document Color Profile?

Doc profile.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here you go

Screen Shot 2020-07-10 at 9.13.24 am.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, your Color Management looks like the default.

What is the Document Color Profile of your problem document?

That can be different from the Color Settings.

You can find it at the bottom of your screen (see my screendump for the location).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its happening to all files - Here are the 2 files I have open this morning

Screen Shot 2020-07-10 at 10.36.51 am.pngScreen Shot 2020-07-10 at 10.37.02 am.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The sRGB looks OK, but the Generic RGB Profile is not a good working space, it is meant for monitors.

How is your monitor setup?

I stumbled on this post from someone who used the Generic RGB Profile and had a similar problem with colors getting darker: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4202731

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines