• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colours in Illustrator dulled when reloading previous file

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently ran into an issue when opening a saved file where illustrator is changing the colour codes of the colours in the file from what they're originally set to. The image below shows the artwork on the left and an exported version of the same artwork on the right, only the exported one shows the correct colour as thats what it looked like when I originally exported it. I've also included my colour settings in the screenshot. I checked the colour codes too and they have been changed from what they were supposed to be. This issue only seems to have come about since updating my Illustrator, though the file I'm trying to load isn't old and was only created earlier last year.

Pentax_0-1609716638752.png

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you convert to rgb when exporting? Which format did you export to? 

Did you embedd the profile when exporting and when saving? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I exported to PNG-24 the same as I always do and I've never had this issue where it's changed the colours before. The problem isn't the exporting as it's exported the correct colour. The problem is the file loading up with the colour of the artwork now adjusted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you exported a PNG and then placed that in Illustrator?

Illustrator exports PNG without embedding a color profile.

You need to open the PNG in Photoshop after exporting and then embed the correct color profile into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

»I exported to PNG-24 the same as I always do«

Did you embed the profile or not? Did you convert to sRGB or not? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines