• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colours on Illustrator suddenly going faded and dull.

Explorer ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the 2nd time this has happened to me now. I've been working on an illustrator file for a while and it has been fine up until today when the colours suddenly go really dull (it's an RGB file and never changed this) along with the swatches. All the artwork has changed to a much more dull version of itself and everytime I change it back to it's normal colour it fades gradually over time whilst I'm working on it. 

This is what suddenyl happened to my swatches, the same thing happened last time too:

Screenshot 2019-09-24 at 10.00.37.png

Has anyone else had this problem and does anyone know a way to fix it?

Many thanks

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies for my complete ignorance. Had tried to use adobe support before, which was a bit disappointing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried copy and pasting into a new document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I tried.

Even the color picker can't take the right color code when I paste an image. I've been using Illustrator for the past 20 years. It's the first time I encountered such issues.
I just "solved" this specific project by pasting it on Figma. I fixed the colours there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This topic seems to have become about 2 problems:

Colors getting dull over time when editing a document, which looks like a problem with color management.

As far as I know nobody has ever shared such a document...

Colors getting dull when objects are isolated with ctrl or right click. Causing the objects to be displayed (and stuck) with reduced opacity.

This was solved in a recent update.

I would suggest to create a new detailed post and share files if you happen to see colors getting dull.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! I just opened Illustrator 2021 and colors are dull and faded, anything I edited in Lightroom looks washed out. It says Embedded Color Profile has been discarded because I am now using Adobe Ill. 6.0. How can I go back to prior settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Please try suggestions given on this community post & let us know if they help you out.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had someone help me reset Color Management in Bridges, then uninstalled Photoshop 2021, it was making the color look really off. Restarted everything and color was restored but it took awhile. I would have never been able to rename files in folders I have never seen, go to Bridges and then restart (it was a process). Bottom line, newer Photoshop (and Ill. ?) may throw color mangement off. I reached out to Adobe. Thankfully everything was fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Revert to Photoshop 22.2.0 and reset your Color settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this problem sometimes but then when I copy my work to a new document it gets its colour back and I think it's not colour management because today clicked on the isolate selected part and I got the same result so maybe there is a bug with it or it was a coincidence i don't know 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another weird thing is that when this happens it locks other layers or maybe its a feature i don't know about 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks like a problem caused by right clicking to go into Isolation mode (and never get out of it).

The layer can show a reduced opacity. 

Click the dot in the Layers panel for the layer with the reduced opacity objects.

Open the Appearance panel and check the layer opacity. Change it or choose Clear Appearance from the Appearance panel menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you very much i don't know if this is the same issue everyone has but your reply was helpful maybe i mistakenly hit isolation mode all the time this has happened to me 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was a bug in a previous version. What version do you use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be your version causing this.

If possible, update (and keep your current version).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe had me remove certain versions of Photoshop. I had updated. Keeping
2020 for now. Everything is working as before.

*Best Regards,Meeja Ritchie-Smith*

personal details removed by moderator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is this caused by me or the software so i can know if there is anything I should stop doing to avoid this thank you once again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same issue after updating to Illustrator 2021. I think I found the solution. 

Edit > Color SettingsMonitor Color 

Screen Shot 2021-04-06 at 1.47.39 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-04-06 at 1.45.17 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This topic seems to have become about 3 problems:

1 Colors getting dull over time when editing a document, which looks like a problem with color management.

As far as I know nobody has ever shared such a document...

2 Colors getting dull when objects are isolated with ctrl or right click. Causing the objects to be displayed (and stuck) with reduced opacity.

This was supposed to be solved in a recent update.

But you could also change  the opacity setting for the Layer

3 Color settings changing to emulate illustrator 6

There is a bug caused by the recent Photoshop update. It sets your Illustrator Color Settings to Emulate Illustrator 6, which turns color management off.

If that is the case, use the CC app to revert Photoshop to the Previous version (22.2.0) and then change your Color Settings to what you want it to be.

I would suggest to create a new detailed post and share files if you happen to see colors getting changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines