combining images into a shape

Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Not sure what this is called but its not a pattern issue I dont think. How is this (image) accomplished? Thanks!summer_flippers_312149.jpg

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is usually referred to as "dense packing" patterns, a lot of the times generated programmatically with algorithms in scripts or custom external tools to fit the shapes. Perfectly doable by hand and e.g. using the symbol tools as well, though. it will just require a bit of tedious and repetitive manual labour. Having tools likje Astute Graphics' Collider Scribe would of course be a huge help and speed things along...

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without using any third party plugins I would probably draw the outside containing shapes, select Draw Inside, then use the Symbol Sprayer Tool to fill them with the little objects. There is still quite a bit of manual fiddling around involved to get all the gaps right etc.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I forgot to mention but you can try SVGNest or Deepnest to automatically fill containers with other shapes as well.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines