• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Compatability with IllustratorCS6 and Mac OSX High Sierra

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,  I've been using my Mac mini 2007 model with Adobe Illustrator CS6 and Photoshop 5 that were installed via the CD installer and I still have the disks.  Unfortunately my mac died and would not even switch on and boot up. Being retired, I can't afford to purchase a new machine and certainly not the £30 subscription for the 2 latest applications!  I've illustrated thousands of comic strip pages over many years and the 2 old versions of the software I was using did everything I required of it. As I'd backed up all my files on an external drive, I've just purchased a refurbished Mac mini (mid 2012) and a new monitor.

Problem is, it has Mac OSX High Sierra on it so won't read my old software. I understand I could use the parallel system method and put Mac OSX Mountain Lion onto my 1tbt external drive. However, would it run my Illustrator CS6 and Photoshop 5 and if so how can I install them as the mac mini I now have has no CD player. The software was legally purchased and I have the passwords. Bit of a tale of woe, I know, but any help and advice would be appreciated. You might be interested to take a peek at my website showing examples of my work. Edited By Moderator.  Trevor

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your post was moved over from the "Using the Community" forum, which is for getting help using this forum system, to a better forum.

And edited to remove the link to your website. It is not needed to try to resolve your problem.

I hope this helps. Best of luck to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines