When I export an Ai work as a DXF file, the compound path effects seems not to perform properly, the spaces that are supposed to be clear are not visible, and when selecting the vectors from the DXF file some of the shapes are missing (see third image below) .
In the .ai file release the compounds, then I would color thema a dummy color like cyan. then with the 3 pockets grouped use pathfinder minus front. So you are rebuilding the compund path to be one item, not nested compound paths. In postscript these are seen different, and the old .dxf export is not updated to be smart enough to deal with nested compound paths..
Hi Mike, thanks for your feedback, I followed your prompts, the minus front tool works well, it creates the effect as the command + 8 for joint compound, the only thing is that once the file is exported as DXF, and then open it to check out results, some vector lines were still missing.
What I did: released all compounds, ungrouped the image, then removed color fill, added cyan color to strokes, 1 pt thickness, selected the image with the black pointer and exported as DXF. After this, I opened the DXF file -again on Ai, as I don't have any other software to test it- and now there's no missing vectors, either on previous view, or outline view. See attached screenshot, many thanks for your time though!