• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Computer Seizes at each attempt to use Curvature Pen Tool in Adobe Illustrator 24.3

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds very much like an issue I am having with V24.3

When I attempt to select a path using the curvature tool illustrator will hang. There are a few cycles of black/white screen and then control is retuerned. Occasionally, it works fine (although a little slow). I've shut down all other programs and unsed services with no effect. Illustrator is using the GPU, which dosn't seem stressed (according to techpowerup GPU monitor).

Whilst illustrator is hung, I see not responding in the title bar, resource monitor shows some CPU being used, but not excessivly (15-20%) and a high level of disk activity. Memory appears reasobly free as well.

This is on a Dell Precision 7510 with 32Gb RAM and 2Tb disk (50% used).

I've reset preferences as suggested. Any suggestions  please, as this dosn't seem to be a common issue/

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Andrew,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing version of the OS? Does this happen when you are working on a specific file or all?

Also, please check if you have OS & GPU updated to the latest version. You may also try creating a new user account on your machine and try working on the app and observe the performance.

Let us know how it goes. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines