Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Configuration Requirement Creative cloud and illustrator slowness and crashes

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I need some help today because i'm actually using illustrator but i've got some slowness and crashes when i'm working on it. I want to evolve to Creative Cloud application. I will probably use photoshop and more application in the same time so i will probably have to upgrade my configuration. Here is my actual configuration CPU, GPU, RAM, Disk : 

I5-9400 2,9GHz 6 cores / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 4Go / 8Go Ram / 256 Go SSD
When i'm working on illustrator on an heavy file my CPU/GPU is OK (less than 30% in the task manager) but my RAM rise to 90% and more.
My question is : Is there any patch, update, settings configurations which exist before I do an upgrade of my RAM (at least) ? Or, is it the only solution ? (I already upgrade the virtual memory from windows 10).
The table from adobe about the configuration requirement of Creative cloud is not clear for me : 4Go recommended whereas i've got slowness and crashes on illustrator with 8Go RAM (illustrator do part of Creative cloud).
Thank's for your futur help.
Regards,
TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

The slowness is more likely to software than hardware issues for 8mb and not running other apps. But you should run hardware tests on your ram espeically, free up hard disk space., and blow the dust off your processor and ram with a can of computer cleaner.

On windows especially there are many malicious software trying to get onto your computer so you should need to review your task manager for anything suspicious, and clear the entire cache of your browsers as they can reappear.

Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. 16GB memory is recommended for Adobe Illustrator. I'd recommend checking out system requirements of each app you'll be using & upgrade your hardware accordingly.

Adobe Illustrator: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/system-requirements.html

Adobe Photoshop: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes 16 Gb it's recommended but 8 Gb is also the minimal which mean that can function. Apparently there is not specifics settings, patch, update/upgrade which can optimize the RAM used by illustrator. I will probably upgrade to 16 Gb RAM then.

Thank's you for your help !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The slowness is more likely to software than hardware issues for 8mb and not running other apps. But you should run hardware tests on your ram espeically, free up hard disk space., and blow the dust off your processor and ram with a can of computer cleaner.

On windows especially there are many malicious software trying to get onto your computer so you should need to review your task manager for anything suspicious, and clear the entire cache of your browsers as they can reappear.

Illustrator Slow On WIn

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/optimize-illustrator-performance-windows.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank's i will probably try it but like you says, that will probably not correct the crashes. I will upgrade 16 Gb RAM in the beginning then if I already got Slowness, I will try your solution !

Thank's you !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines