Highlighted

Configuring pieces within an Artboard to use as little space as possible

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!
I am trying to distribute different items within an Artboard without them overlapping or transforming in any way (rotating or reflecting). I would like them to be as close together as possible in order to conserve space.

Is this something I can automate with Illustrator or would it have to be done manually?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Larry G. Schneider | Adobe Community Professional

The process is called nesting. You might check the Scripting board to see if one is available.

TOPICS
Feature request, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Configuring pieces within an Artboard to use as little space as possible

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!
I am trying to distribute different items within an Artboard without them overlapping or transforming in any way (rotating or reflecting). I would like them to be as close together as possible in order to conserve space.

Is this something I can automate with Illustrator or would it have to be done manually?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Larry G. Schneider | Adobe Community Professional

The process is called nesting. You might check the Scripting board to see if one is available.

TOPICS
Feature request, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 18, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 18, 2020 0