Highlighted

Connect Windows laptop with iPad

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Techies and designers, I am trying to mirror my windows laptop with my iPad so that I can draw on iPad, and get the strokes simultaneously on my adobe softwares(illustrator and Photoshop) on the laptop. Do you know any apps that allow this in a way with minimum lag and cost effective?

I found a software called Xdisplay, on Apple store and Windows Store that works well. Little lag, but more or less solved my purpose for free. You will need to download iTunes and Xdisplay on Windows Laptop, as well as Xdisplay on Ipad, and connect with the cable.

Topics

Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Connect Windows laptop with iPad

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Techies and designers, I am trying to mirror my windows laptop with my iPad so that I can draw on iPad, and get the strokes simultaneously on my adobe softwares(illustrator and Photoshop) on the laptop. Do you know any apps that allow this in a way with minimum lag and cost effective?

I found a software called Xdisplay, on Apple store and Windows Store that works well. Little lag, but more or less solved my purpose for free. You will need to download iTunes and Xdisplay on Windows Laptop, as well as Xdisplay on Ipad, and connect with the cable.

Topics

Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Drawing on an iPad using Illustrator?, not yet.

There are some mobile apps from Adobe that work on iPads and phones that can save, export or share with Illustrator, but no any simultaneous work can de done from an iPad to a computer.

The other way around, using Illustrator or other programs and view (duplicate the display or screen) on an iPad is possible.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I use Duet Display on Mac.

I've never used Windows, so I don't know how comfortable it is.

https://www.duetdisplay.com/

I also use Sidecar included in macOS.

--
Susumu Iwasaki

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I do not know that product, and maybe they (Duet) are the best and straight answer to your questions.

As far as I read, your tablet is used as a second display. 

1. Is it able to input data or touch instructions from the iPad display reflected or transmitted to a eg. a Macbook Pro?

2. Wich applications you have installed in your Mac computer can be interacted, used from your iPad display?

i think an iPad works only as a display, a passive role as an output device as the data transmission is unidirectional, from a Mac or Pc to a second display like an iPad or other tablets. I would rather be wrong.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will repeat you all again:

Those software utilities -only- use your iPad, iPhone,... as a second display. It's the same as buying and connecting another computer monitor. The only difference is that you have a tablet already, and is light, small and can be carried in your hand baggage.

Those devices, your tablet, play a passive role, just get the signal from your system. BUT, reading the initial question there was a key paragraph:

I can draw on iPad, and get the strokes simultaneously on my adobe softwares(illustrator and Photoshop) on the laptop?

That means: Can I use the tablet my fingers and even a pencil on it, to draw, and get those strokes on my work using Illustrator running on my computer (laptop or not) ?

It would be fantastic, if a tablet could work as an input device with that software? But the answer is, again, a resounding NO.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines