• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

contrast or vibrance changes automatically after import on illustrator

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 3d render exported to PSD from dimensions and then PSD to PNG, the colors are fine. but when I import the png to illustrator the color changes. the color setting are set automatically to NORTH AMERICA GENERAL PURPOSE 2 on both AI and PSD. yet the color changes.

it is not CMYK and RGB conversion I've looked into that.

it looks like vibrance and contrast increase after import.

I have found that the difference is PSD Assign profile tab has an sRGB linear set. but AI is set to RGB IEC.

there is no sRGB linear on AI. and changing to RGB IEC changes colors

Untitled-1.png

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Import and export , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

1. PSD file is open in Photoshop, in Edit>Convert to Profile which is the Source Space (the PSD file includes)? 

2. PSD is Exported as PNG? On the panel for Export there are two checkboxes for Color Space: Convert to sRGB and Embed Color Profile, Are any or both marked?  (PNG does not embed any profile)

3. In Color Settings you state you are using sRGB as working space on both applications, right?

4. You place the PNG in Ai on a RGB color mode file?

5. With View>Proof Colors OFF, there is any di

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. PSD file is open in Photoshop, in Edit>Convert to Profile which is the Source Space (the PSD file includes)? 

2. PSD is Exported as PNG? On the panel for Export there are two checkboxes for Color Space: Convert to sRGB and Embed Color Profile, Are any or both marked?  (PNG does not embed any profile)

3. In Color Settings you state you are using sRGB as working space on both applications, right?

4. You place the PNG in Ai on a RGB color mode file?

5. With View>Proof Colors OFF, there is any difference, it shows like in your second picture?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1) source space on PSD : sRGB Linear

2)  

vvsm1999_0-1594658269929.png

3) okay omg you are a life saver...thanks man... the thing is i never knew there was an export tab in PSD. i always used to do save as and save as PNG... I just after reading your question searched for an export tab and exported it as png using convert to RGB. the colors are not changing now when i import to AI... thanks a lot man...have been using PSD and AI for years and I never knew this... its true that you only learn when you are challenged.

but i still want to know the difference between save as and export now. both saves to PNG but what is the difference....

thanks a lot again brother!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines